**We are adding to our Team!**
Lots of great changes have taken place here and we are now looking to add to the team!
We are still busy with our work in the racing industry externally at trainers’ yards and at racecourses but we no longer take in racehorses on remedial / behavioural programmes. So our work now focusses on :
- Rehoming ex-racehorses
- Producing competition horses for showjumping, dressage, eventing
- Post operative rehabilitation, retirement livery and holiday grazing for racehorses
- Natural Horsemanship courses offering hands-on training for owners building on their relationship with young horses
We are looking for a confident, experienced rider for this and riding our own horses! This is an excellent opportunity to join our team!
Duties will include riding horses in our indoor round pen, trotting ring, gallops and around the village. Additional duties will include assisting our grooms during morning & evening stables, dressing horses over, putting horses on and off the horse walker, turning horses in and out, tacking up and various other duties. Full details available on request.
We are looking for experienced, confident riders. We take safety very seriously and have excellent facilities but experience is essential! It’s not about crazy horses – some are young and very green so need a good rider to teach them and give them confidence!
This is a full time position from 07.30hrs – 17.00hrs Monday to Saturday each week. During staff holidays or busy times the occasional Sunday may be required with an alternative day off as mutually convenient.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from candidates needing to bring dogs to the yard. Subsidised grass livery for own horses is available.
Salary according to age & experience, 6 day week with 28 days holiday. Corporate clothing provided and assistance with NVQ training with our Learning Provider.
- Earliest start date 21st July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Rider, Part of a Team
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Pre-Training, Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Work Rider, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £21,000+ per annum full time, dependent on experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes