**We are adding to our Team!**
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team! We are looking for a confident, experienced rider for racehorses undergoing remedial programmes, competition horses from the private sector and pre-training for our own horses!
Duties will include riding horses in our indoor round pen, trotting ring, gallops and around the village. From time to time additional duties will include assisting our grooms during morning & evening stables, dressing horses over, putting horses on and off the horse walker, turning horses in and out, tacking up and various other duties. Full details available on request.
As well as riding horses at our Stables, there are times when we take our jockeys to trainers yards, to racecourses and other external locations so this is an great opportunity to join a busy team – you will not be bored!
We are looking for experienced, confident riders. We take safety very seriously and have excellent facilities but experience is essential! It’s not all about crazy horses – some are just young and very green so need a good rider to teach them and give them confidence! We have other riders for lead horses and offer full support and training.
We are able to offer a part time position if preferred, mornings only from 07.30hrs.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from candidates needing to bring dogs to the yard. Subsidised grass livery for own horses is available.
Salary according to age & experience, 6 day week with 28 days holiday. Corporate clothing provided and assistance with NVQ training with our Learning Provider.
- Earliest start date 1st April 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Pre-Training, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Ride, Work Rider, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £21,000+ per annum full time, part time pro-rata
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes