Sole charge of 3 retired ex racehorses when we have to travel away – usually 3 -5 days maximum cover required. Usual stabled routine, with walker exercise and pen turnout. Small yard with good facilities. Due to the age of the horses very good veterinary knowledge required, the understanding of older horses needs. The ability and knowledge to access any minor veterinary issues, mild colic symptoms, be able to take temperature access a horses state of health.
This vacancy would suit an experienced, mature person and this is an ongoing adhoc arangement to suit all parties as owner has to travel abroad quite frequently.
2 bedroom cottage, clean tidy and well equipped.
- Earliest start date 15th April 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Home Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Muck Out, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week Flexible part time
- Salary currency Negotiable
- Salary guide Good daily rate
- Salary Period Daily
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No