Salary up to £25,350 pa *Training and costs towards further BHS exams provided *5 Day week *Assistance provided to source local accommodation *Help with relocation is available
Vacancy for an Instructor/Yard Supervisor. This is a full time post (37.5) hours per week in an inner City Riding School located in Newcastle upon Tyne. We are a BHS, ABRS and Pony Club approved Centre. We are looking for highly motivated personable team player able to oversee our staff team. Our ideal applicant will have sound equine knowledge and the ability to motivate and help our more junior staff members to progress. The role will involve teaching clients of all abilities, developing the knowledge and ability of staff, schooling our horses and overseeing the general smooth running of the yard. In order to apply for this role you must be able to ride in a confident and sympathetic way. You will be able to demonstrate and delegate all aspects of teaching and yard work.
Main responsibilities: To ensure to the best of your ability that clients receive an enjoyable experience and that lessons are taught to a high standard are popular and continually well attended. To ensure high standards of care for equestrian stock. To be responsible for the smooth running of SBS Stables ensuring staff receive sufficient support and training to enable them to perform their duties to a high standard.
A teaching and care qualification to BHS Stage 3 or equivalent (ABRS UKCC ) is essential, supported by commercial experience would be an advantage.
Help with relocation is available
Training and costs towards further BHS exams
- Earliest start date 1st July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Head Person, Riding Instructor
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Riding School
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide *Salary up to £25,350 pa *Training and costs towards further BHS exams provided
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes