|*Pets welcomed *Own horse considered *Excellent package*Fantastic location and facilities
Small, private yard in a very beautiful part of Scotland now has a wonderful long-term opportunity available for one lucky person!
Owners enjoy looking after their horses for life and train from scratch for racing and eventing from their family yard. They are looking to find an experienced,long term ‘anchor person’ with all the requisite yard/horse/people management skills and hands-on grooming experience to help run things alongside the owners and seamlessly when they are not around. Initiative, maturity and ability to take sole charge and lead when necessary are important as is the ability to fit in and work with the Team.
Duties include full responsibility day to day and all administration too eg: vaccinations/work schedules records for worming etc.
There are riding and local competing opportunities if someone has the talent but to be suitable for this position, at the very least you must have a proven track record of being able to safely and competently exercise TB’s. Young horse experience of course essential. If candidates were capable of helping the trainer in schooling/flat work this is ideal but not essential. There is access to top-level trainers in the disciplines.
3 fulltime and 2 PT staff employed. 2* competing. Opportunity to be put through HGV/could train for BHS exams /assistant trainer exams.
Superb riding country with 100 acres of privately-owned land. Grass Gallops, outdoor school, schooling lake, x country, beside hills. Schooling fences for racing and XC all on site.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This position is an amazing opportunity and can be as big or small as a person’s talent and experience will allow. Horses have a home for life and the best possible chances – youngsters become racehorses and retired racehorses become eventers!
Please contact Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 30th April 2019
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Family Yard, Pre-Training, Racing Flat, Racing NH
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £400+ pw negotiable depending on experience & accommodation.
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No