|*Up to £25k pa depending on experience * Pets & horse considered*Variety of accommodation options
Small, boutique stud where everyone pitches in with all duties, is now looking for an experienced and Senior Stud Hand. There are 24 horses 0n the stud in/out of training etc including mares and followers . The Stud sells colts at sales and race fillies so yearling prep know how important as are good turnout skills. Some foaling experience ideal. Must be able to step up and cover Stud Manager’s days off/holidays.
Out of season Stud management/maintenance is a key part of role so candidates should be happy with all aspects of that and the various items of machinery used including tractors/mowers/hedge-cutters etc.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This would be a fab opportunity for an experienced TB Stud Hand who likes working with smaller numbers on a stud able to focus on producing quality stock. Also perfect for someone looking for an opportunity to take that step up and work alongside some seasoned and very knowledgeable professionals.
Please contact Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 6th May 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Racing Flat, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week Negotiable- alternate weekends off. TBA to cover Stud Manager's days off
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide up to £25K depending on experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Tractor
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes