*Furnished 2-bed cottage available *Wage negotiable but includes accommodation and all bills * well-behaved canine/other pets and child-friendly dog considered *5 or 5.5 day week available
Family Groom required for a Yard with some fabulous horses who are produced in a slow and consistent fashion so they can achieve their potential, remaining with the same owner throughout their career and probably beyond 🙂
This is an opportunity for an experienced, sole charge Groom rather than someone at the beginning of their career. 7 horses and some help available.
- 3 well-bred youngsters (with a future in Dressage)
- 1 ridden horse, (11 years old mare ) hacking and basic schooling & confidence giver
- welsh x pony companion 4 years old
- Mare 4 years old who may be an eventer/showjumper depending on how she develops.
The employer has a busy life with 5 children and 4 still at home. The family does a bit of most things and daughter (13 yo) enjoys showing and some eventing and general riding. You must be capable of all aspects of stable work/horse management etc and sole charge but also relaxed and happy to work with others.
Looking for a kind, knowledgeable and hardworking FT Groom who must be able to do all aspects of stable work/horse management etc and should be capable of sole charge. Ability to school in ridden work and to hack, lunge and long reining is essential. The owner enjoys her yard and horses very much but is recovering from an injury so needs some dedicated, consistent help to run things and to step in and step up as required. This is a permanent, long term position.
Must be able to turn out well and prep for shows/competitions and be willing to attend.
Please do call Caroline on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 13th July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5 or 5.5 days a week negotiable
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £350 to include foc accommodation and all bills paid
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No