Live out, part time (IRO 3 hours a day) Family Groom required for a Yard with some fabulous horses who are produced in a slow and consistent fashion so they can achieve their potential, remaining with the same owner throughout their career and probably beyond 🙂 AFTERNOON SHIFT PLEASE 🙂 Maybe more hours in winter to suit both parties.
This is an opportunity for a freelance Groom to fit in some work with other’assignments’ but will need to be an experienced Groom rather than someone at the beginnning of their career. Small and friendly Team for 7 horses.
- 2 well bred yearlings (with a future in Dressage)
- 1 ridden horse, (11 years old mare ) hacking and basic schooling & confidence giver)
- 3 year old very well behaved and well bred stallion (His future direction tbc)
- welsh x pony companion 4 years old
- Mare 4 years old who may be an eventer/show jumper depending on how she develops.
If you were a decent exercise rider/able to lunge minimum and if you are capable of more that would be fabulous!
Employer has a busy life with 5 children and 4 still at home (15 year old son / 17 year old daughter/11 year old daughter/7 year old son).
Owner does a bit of most things and enjoys being an owner and the fun that will come with that. Daughter (11 yo) enjoys showing and general riding. 7 year old son may or may not ride. You must be capable of all aspects of stable work/horse management etc and sole charge when necessary, but also relaxed and happy to work with others.
Please do call Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 23rd June 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 4 or 5 negotiable - afternoons.
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £10PH
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No