All usual yard duties, feeding, turning out, mucking out, poo picking, grooming, some basic equine first aid, administering routine medications. We are looking for an Animal Care Attendant with equine experience. Lungeing, long reining, handling all types of horses from youngsters to OAPs. Must be willing to muck in on any part of the Sanctuary.
Must have a real empathy for animals and a good work ethic. Hours are 8am til 5pm, 5 days a week on a rolling rota.
We have a permanent full time position available, live in and a full time 12 month FTC maternity cover, live out.
Animal Care minimum of level 2 or equivalent experience
Self contained, single accommodation. £110 per month contribution towards council tax, no other bills or rent.
Accommodation on site. 28 days paid holiday, 10 days sick, pension, uniform provided, boot allowance.
- Earliest start date 17th April 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Rescue
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 8.23ph /NMW
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No