|Family PC/Eventing/Hunting family looking for a senior Groom/Rider for a small family hunting yard within an estate. 8 horses kept.
* £25K neg *Lovely cottage accommodation*Partner welcomed *Pets welcomed * Own horse welcomed *FOC council tax/water rates paid/horse if applicable *Vehicle available for company business.
The successful applicant should have longevity in past roles please as we are replacing someone who has been in situ for 6 years.
You must be happy to work sole charge in a rural location but with help/support when required. The role includes: ordering and organising feed, bedding and hay, keeping the yard immaculate, maintaining the highest standard of turnout of horses. A thorough understanding of the day to day care of the hunting /event horse is essential including the ability to bring 2nd horses. Candidates must be able to do all fitness and basic schooling of all horses to a high level plus be able to hunt or ride around a hunter trial,further training available if interested. You must be able to lunge and school young horses.
Communication and people skills essential as liasing with other Estate staff to run this lovely small yard in an estate environment is essential. Also there will be a necessity to manage other PT staff. Hours Oct-March are full on but halved April-Sept with pay and all Terms remaining the same year round!
Caroline’s comments 🙂 This is a really super job for someone who works in a very professional manner but in a super friendly environment. If that describes you and you are looking for the long term then this would be a great opportunity for you. Very generous and somewhat negotiable remuneration if you are a really decent rider too!
Please contact Caroline& the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 3rd June 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Pony Club Activities
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week Depends on season. Half hours April-Sept/Full on 6 day week Oct-March (Remuneration same)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £25K neg. FOC accommodation/Council tax/water/Horse if applicable.
- Salary Period Annually
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes