Looking for a responsible and reliable member of staff to do the yard at home. This includes all usual daily duties and looking after the horses, tacking up etc and some help with lunging and hacking (although not compulsory) and groom at the odd competition if needed. We are a private yard with competition horses, home bred youngsters and a handful of private liveries. Up to 15 horses. The role requires someone who is able to take sole charge some days and work as part of a small team on others; be efficient through out the day and communicate with clients, farrier, other staff etc
2-4 full days a week inc. a weekend day, and 2-3 mornings, so some flexibility (30-45hrs) The position requires a minimum of two full days per week 7.30am – 5.30pm (typically Thursday/Saturday but flexible) and two mornings 8am – 1pm. But happy to offer 3 or 4 full days and one/two mornings. Must have previous experience, be efficient and confident. Please contact me for further details. (Warwickshire, CV23) Flexible start date but ideally some time in May
Must have previous experience and be able to provide two references.
Must be have a full UK licence and have reliable transport.
Must be able confident to handle fit horses, keep the yard tidy, have skills such as bandaging etc
Applicant will require good time management skills and be efficient.
No accom offered
Training offered on own horse and use of our facilities free of charge. Discounted livery, if needed.
- Earliest start date 1st June 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rehabilitation, Sales, Stud
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Stallion Handling
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 2.5-5 days per week
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide £1000- £1500
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery