Partner welcomed*Dog welcomed *Live in or out *Standard stud hours, with alternate weekends being worked *Four weeks holiday plus bank holidays *Negotiable,competitive salary & discretionary bonus scheme.
Beautiful yard adjoining the Cotswold area of outstanding natural beauty on the Gloucestershire Wiltshire border is seeking a full time thoroughbred Stud Hand. You would be required to work alongside an experienced stud manager at a small family owned commercial stud farm foaling at home and prepping foals for sale.
🙂 Less experienced candidates who are keen to learn or experienced people who can slot into the role would be considered 🙂
Stud has around ten permanent broodmares, their foals, a couple of yearlings etc. also have some resting racehorses which come for their holidays once or twice a year. The family also have two ponies that they may need occasional assistance with. Helpful if you are qualified and able to drive a small box but not essential, training can be arranged.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This role would suit someone who understands life on a small TB stud – ie very busy times with foal prep etc and very quiet times when all the horses are turned out and staff have to be handy with a strimmer/mower instead! Best of facilities and a very professional but relaxed family environment.
Please call Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 25th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week Standard stud hours, with alternate weekends being worked
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable according to experience plus accommodation and discretionary bonus
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No