Experienced Sole Charge Groom required, short or long term, live in or live out, for the full spectrum of yard duties plus ie lunging/ grooming/riding (ideally).
We’re into Dressage and Eventing and have high hopes for two of our horses.
We currently 3 horses on-site (one Westfalen and two TBs), so there is plenty of room for you to bring a horse or two of your own and enjoy our facilities, including indoor and outdoor schools and nice stables and paddocks. We’re experienced at backing and breaking, and a previous groom has had a project horse with us.
You must have previous experience sole charge. You also need to be fully versed and knowledgeable in the keeping of a yard and have a depth of understanding of horse care, and up-to-date with health and safety regulations. Two of our horses are thoroughbreds and one is a youngster, so you need to be competent and confident in handling them.
Riding is available if you want to and you’re good enough (we would prefer someone who’s capable of riding, so this would be an advantage). A trailer licence is an advantage too.
No accommodation provided on site, having said that there could be a free room at my house.
Free accommodation, if required, for the right candidate.
- Earliest start date 6th May 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, In employers home
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 10 per hr
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes