EXPERIENCED FULL TIME YARD MANAGER
Required for small private, Eventing/Teamchasing/Hunting Yard, on idyllic family run estate in Shropshire/Herefordshire border, close to Ludlow, Shrewsbury and Worcester.
Amongst our 12 horses are one Intermediate and two Novice eventers now retired to Hunting and Team chasing, one Novice and two pre-novice currently competing, good quality yearling and two year old.
The job involves, Organising horses work schedule, schooling to a decent level, hacking, ideally able to jump competently. Clipping, trimming and turning out to a high standard. Organising two other members of staff, liaising with farrier and vets, ordering feed and bedding, overseeing the tack and general yard duties.
Previous experience, good knowledge of equine first aid, ability to drive a 7.5 tonne lorry and own transport essential.
Salary in region of £20,000. Sole use of high quality cottage on site. Opportunity to Hunt and possibly compete for the right candidate. Room for a dog and one horse.
- Earliest start date 13th May 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Hunting, Team Chase
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 to 6 days, negotiable
- Salary currency Pound Sterling
- Salary guide £20,000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Trailer, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery