Equestrian Centre – Senior Groom
FOR: September 2019 Start
School Equestrian Centre requires a Senior Groom. This position is required to live on site and join the existing team to assist with running and the development of the Equestrian Centre. Applicants must have proven experience in the equine industry and the ability to ride horses and ponies. You will have an enthusiastic, cheerful and flexible approach with proven high standards of animal care.
40 hours per week for 39 weeks per year, which will include split shifts, weekend and evening working.
- Single shared occupancy accommodation for 52 weeks (pets may be considered)
- DIY Livery
- A pro-rate of 25 days annual leave (included within pay)
- Pension scheme
- X2 death in service benefit
- Free Meals
- Free uniform
- Use of sporting facilities
- Access to National Trust Grounds
The Equestrian Centre is a highly commended BHS approved livery yard exclusively for the use of Stowe School pupils and has twenty stables, an outdoor ménage, cross country course and 18 acres of grazing.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from our website: www.stowe.co.uk
The salary will be dependent on experience and will be pro-rata and include free, onsite shared, single occupancy accommodation and free DIY livery. The possibility of further training will be available.
Closing date: Monday 2 September 2019
Interview date: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Earliest start date 16th September 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 40 hours per week, split shifts, evening and weekends
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Dependent on qualification or experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Application Form (if applicable)