*£420pw +accomm & utilities * Dog welcomed * Chance to shine in your career.
Experienced Home Yard manager/Groom required to run an International show jumping yard very close to Hickstead. You will be required to provide top-level home support for two well-known Riders who produce and sell top quality horses, as well as train and mentor all levels of riders. Competing on the National and International circuit as well as sourcing, producing and selling some top international horses both for the company and for clients and investors, this is a busy and highly professional environment. You will need to be charming with horses and people! 😉
The successful applicant will have performance horse yard/horse management experience at a high level. You will need to be able to demonstrate initiative, reliability and team leadership skills as well as to be able to work within the Team to support a positive and constructive environment. Ideally, you would be interested in the show jumping as a discipline too.
New build international SJ stables VERY close to Hickstead. Only 20 minutes away from Gatwick Airport in West Sussex. Facilities include:
- 22 large stables (12×12) with rubber matting and automatic water drinkers and windows in brand new purpose build brick stabled barn.
- Waterproof lighting made to measure rubber matting in each stable.
- International sized all weather jumping arena with sand and fibre with an underfloor watering system to give the horses the BEST footing available.
- Full set of show jumps including open water
- All weather lunge arena again with the same surface
- Horse walker with anti-slip paving that is undercover
- Grass jumping paddock with derby style fences, three purpose built banks.
- Fitness fields- 10 acres
- 17 acres of all year round turnout split into larger and smaller paddocks, including x6 stallion paddocks
- 3 x rubber matted Wash bays with solariums/ cross ties/ all with hot and cold water
- Alarmed tack room x 2
- Feed room
- Office with kitchen with hot and cold water and bathroom/ cloakroom
- Boot/ hat room with heating
- Rug Room
- Tack trunk/ storage area
- Horsebox parking area with hook up
- On-site accommodation for staff and pupils wishing to stay and train- self-contained apartments with bathroom, kitchen, living area
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This role would suit a professional capable of managing the day to day goings on a top-level competition yard and happy not to be travelling with the riders. Best of everything for clients, you, the horses and the Team
To apply please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 27th May 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6 weekends off by arrangement
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £420pw & accomm & utilities
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes