Due to relocation, I am looking for a light-weight dressage rider to produce and compete as well as assisting me with para riding. As the rider you will be required to come with me to events to groom and warm up my horse. This will involve overnight stays with training and competitions. Also assist with me mounting and dismounting as paralysed from the waist down. All stable, field and yard duties also required with another full-time groom. HGV license a bonus
Must have high standards and quality of work and turn out to a high standard. There will be a small element of assistance due to being a full-time wheelchair user.
Between 7-9 horses including youngsters and retirees.
Medium level BD/ Intermediate BE. Licence to tow trailer or drive HGV an advantage.
Shared 3 bed listed building with large garden
opportunity to train with top dressage trainer, lots of riding for the right person.
own horse welcome
Moving into the new property August 2019 so if happy to start in July it will be based in Dorset to help pack up and meet horses. Can discuss possible options until settled in.
***Also looking for JL48466 Dressage Home Groom/Rider – Somerset/Dorset – Click here***
- Earliest start date 22nd July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £20,000+
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery