An interesting opportunity for persons wishing to get a skills and experience ‘leg up’ and enjoy 1 month full-time or 2 months part-time work, with training available to improve their stable management skills and gain additional skills and experience alongside a very friendly and experienced team and BHS Coach.
This is a fabulous professional Livery Yard offering Full, Part, DIY and Field livery to horse owners, where you can work alongside a highly skilled mentor and gain experience on a short term basis, with professional training available if you need and want it.
You must be a competent horse person to start, as we don’t have the scope to train someone from scratch. However, training is available to gain skills like plaiting, show turnout, clipping (autumn/winter), loading and travelling horses, teamwork, how to treat common minor ailments, maintaining routine records, arena care, field and yard management and equestrian organisation management etc.
A unique opportunity to bridge gaps in your skills-set or brush up your existing skills and gain confidence in preparation for seeking a full time permanent rider/groom position in the future.
A legitimate short term job role to add to your CV without the negative effects of “job-hopping”.
Access to group or individual tuition, training or lectures from qualified and/or professional visiting instructors and coaches, qualified Senior Grooms and a BHSI(SM) coach.
On successfully completing the short term contract you will have a “Clandon Park Livery Temp Groom job reference” that you may then share with Caroline and The Grooms List Team to help secure your next role or take to future employers!
- Earliest start date 3rd June 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Other
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee
- Days per week P/T - 5 x mornings pw or F/T - 5 x days pw
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide NMW
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery