Accomplished 3 star level eventer who competes home and abroad is looking for a permanent, full time new Team member to attend all shows/events . Outside the eventing season yard based duties are required along with the rest of the Team but more often than not, there are things going on which would require your expertise. The Rider also pre-trains, (specializing in the breaking and preparing of thoroughbreds for Flat and National Hunt race training). There maybe exercise riding but this is not essential .
You will need to have excellent levels of turnout and some experience of competitions to a good standard. 🙂 Ideally you will be used to transporting horses in a 7.5t lorry and/ or willing to take your HGV license:)
Situated in Gloucestershire countryside, surrounded by quiet lanes and orchards .Superb transport links to all areas of the UK :Quiet but easily accessible location. Very good facilities:60m x 35m All weather arena/5 horse walker/Hot water wash /Full set of show jumps/Ideally located for major equestrian facilities and events/Enclosed, high fenced 35m x 60m arena/turnout and schooling pens/Small individually post and rail fenced turnout/Excellent quiet lanes and orchards for hacking.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This could be a great opportunity to step up into a competition Groom’s role from a position in a sport horse/performance horse yard, or you will already be doing this job. Varied and active this is a professional Team who move at a fast pace and to a high professional level.
Please call Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 1st July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Pre-Training
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills None, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5/5.5 or 6 negotiable and depending on competition schedules, more often than not known in advance
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Salary up to £400 gross - depending on experience (deduction in line with statutory limit for accomm/pay own utilities)
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes