We are a sport horse stud and producing yard, specialising in showjumpers. We are out competing or training several times a week and also have a small number of full, schooling, breaking, sales and competing liveries in at any one time. We have approx 40 horses ranging from foals to retired horses and including liveries, sale horses, competing and producing horses. Our facilities are largely indoors including an indoor arena, and we have 72 acres of grazing. We start all our own youngsters in-house.
I am looking for someone who can be my right hand wo/man. We are a pretty laid back team and don’t take ourselves too seriously so a sense of humour is required! I am looking for someone who can help in the day to day smooth operating of a sometimes chaotic yard, who has an eye for detail, can use their own initiative, has common sense and the ability to drop their own ego. This is a very varied role with normal mucking out and yard work, bringing horses in and out etc as well as grooming at home and at shows. Working as part of a team so good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Riding is not a requirement but available for the right person. Someone who is at least happy to hack out quietly is a bonus, more riding available if desired and opportunities to progress and compete for the right person. Would be happy to take on and progress an ambitious competitive rider
We do all our own stud and breeding work and aim for the Futurity series with the young stock each year. Experience with young stock is preferred but training can be given.
Previous experience working on a yard, preferably in a groom position.
Must be a car driver.
No accommodation provided
Coaching and opportunities to improve riding if wanted
Opportunities to compete for the right person
Happy to help anyone looking to work towards gaining further qualifications
Own horse possible
Extremely varied role – no two days the same!
Full time contract with 28 days holiday, pension and sick pay.
- Earliest start date 18th July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Livery, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 or 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Dependent on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery