We are a Family showjumping stud and producing yard is now looking for a key new member to add to their team where you will have an extremely varied role – no two days the same!
We have the pleasure of owning and producing beautiful and versatile Warmblood horses from our broodmares and offering this year three of our gorgeous stallions to a select number of mares AI. Our bloodlines include some of the top in the Country ;- Concorde, Kannan, Voltaire, Zirocco Blue, Cardento, Kashmir V.
We are based in West Wales in a stunning rural location with purpose built equine facilities, lakes and a private fishery spread over three closely located properties. Set in the midst of the idyllic Cambrian Mountains we are graced with beautiful outriding and our horses benefit with hacking out as part of their daily routines. These quality Warmbloods are or have competed in show jumping competition in this country and abroad or are youngsters coming through Covid restrictions allowing.
We are looking for a new member of the team to share equal responsibility on a rota basis. Reporting to the Yard Manager. The position is a live in or out role.
Operational Hours between Monday to Sunday on a rota shift bases. Normal shifts are 8-5pm 5 days per week alternate weekend work is inclusive [ however this can change due to foaling and various activities]
- Yard duties including mucking out, feeding, watering and sweeping.
- Grooming and general daily health care of the horses
- Tack cleaning
- Schooling and hacking
- Lunging/double line lunging
- Liaising with yard manager on any issues routines and actions needed for horses care
- Maintaining a tidy feed room
- Preparing horses for competitions including plaiting
- Assisting with stud duties, foaling and care
- High attention to detail
- Competent riding ability understanding of how a horse works and what could be done to improve its way of going
- Good horsemanship with kind nature
- Clipping/bandaging/plaiting to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think on feet and be flexible
- Team player to fit in and respect current working practices and other team members
- Confidence to handle youngsters and stallions
- Show Jumping experience
Negotiable dependant on experience
statutory holiday entitlement
Pension Scheme in operation with an opt out period
Extremely varied role – no two days the same!
Full time contract with 28 days holiday, pension and statutory sick pay.
5 days per week which includes alternate weekends ie 40 hour week.
Days are usually 8-5pm this can vary during foaling season or out to competitions
Driving Licence essential as rural location
- Earliest start date 7th August 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom, Wales
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide above min wage depends on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes