This would suit someone who wants to settle in to a nice job working with private horses in livery and at home. The applicant should have experience in handling horses and some knowledge of feeding, making hay nets, turning horses out, bringing in and the day to day routine of a yard. Must be able to muck out well and keep things clean and tidy.
Would need to be reliable and capable of sole charge as and when required.
Yard hours are 8 till 12 and 2.30 till 5.
5.5 days per week.
Very limited riding if any.
A paid trial of work would be helpful.
Experience of working with horses and ponies.
Common sense and qualifications in horses are a bonus.
A good sense of humor always helps.
Self contained three bedroom cottage. Lounge with TV and Wifi, kitchen and fitted bathroom.
Two of the bedrooms have a double bed with pocket sprung mattresses. TV points and built in wardrobes.
Heating, water and electricity is all included.
Possibility to bring your own horse.
Nice place to work with good working conditions.
Mostly easy horses and ponies.
- Earliest start date 15th July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Carriage Driving, Dressage, Family Yard, Livery
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency English Pounds
- Salary guide NMW but negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No