Hardworking student/stud hand required for yearling preparation for approximately 10 weeks commencing 5 August. Experience in Sales Prep not essential, but you must be able to demonstrate your competence in handling thoroughbred yearlings (colts and fillies). Sales Prep involves training the youngsters to lead, preparing them to look their very best for the day of the sale, and you will have the opportunity to go to the sale and see the entire process.
This is an ideal temporary position for someone experience in Sales Prep, or for someone keen and competent building their career in the stud industry.
The pay is £80 a day and shared accommodation is provided if required.
To apply, please email your CV and The Grooms List job seeker reference number to the email displayed in the employer’s contact section.
- Earliest start date 5th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Stud Hand
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week Average of 5.5 days
- Salary currency UK £
- Salary guide £80
- Salary Period Daily
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No