*5 day week * Salary negotiable from £375-£400pw+ neg plus accommodation/all bills *Own horse welcomed *Pets welcomed *Partner welcomed
Capable Rider/Groom required for well bred performance horses mostly specialising in Jumping. This needs to be someone capable of sole charge but understands the yard owner is hands on when around, so would need the people skills to understand when to step up and when to step back, though yard owner is a very friendly, approachable individual!
Owner breeds and produces a few each year and has ‘partnerships’ and ‘associations’ with some of the biggest names across a few disciplines so well connected in this regard and promises some interesting and exciting times but also therefore professional standards required.
Rider would be expected to ‘ride away’ and establish the basics with young horses but they can be started elsewhere. Not a job for someone without prior relevant riding an grooming experience. On average, at least 3 to ride a day.
The family enjoy hunting in the season so applicants would need to be open to those duties too and a little bit of flexibility of which 2 days off you would have during the season would be appreciated.
Usually 4/5 horses in work and brood mares and young stock in the fields 15 horses in total on average on the property at any one time.
Owner ‘pitches in’ plus PT workers so not overstocked and reasonable workload. Also have a couple of hunter liveries but there is no work required with these .
Well-equipped yard with 24 stables based within a farm. Horse walker, ménage etc good facilities. Great hacking.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 The scope of this role will essentially be down to the riding talent of the individual, so could be what you make it to a degree! Great opportunity for steady, varied and enjoyable long term employment and/or a chance to show what you can do as a Rider along with helping to keep an high quality yard run to the best of its potential alongside a friendly and engaged employer!
Please apply directly to Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 5th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £400pw neg plus all bills &accommodation paid for.
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes