Live in trainer required for an up and coming yard in Knowle, Solihull.
The yard has great facilities and we currently have four horses at varying stages in their careers, with the capacity for more based upon the trainer’s performance.
The applicant must be self motivated, hard working and capable of working in a team.
Responsibilities to include:
– Setting and overseeing the care, feeding and horse health policies for the organisation.
– Managing staff, including hiring staff and adhering to employment legislation.
– Planning and implementing a training and fitness programme for each horse, including riding them yourself wen required.
– Overseeing each horse’s fitness work on the gallops and schooling through starting stalls or over hurdles and fences.
– Assessing horses’ ability for potential races.
– Planning race entries, pre-and post procedures and selecting and appointing suitable jockeys to runners.
– Completing racing documentation including passports, licences, stable passes, entries and declarations.
– Accompanying horses to races.
– Liasing with owners and connections.
Skills and personal qualities required:
– Excellent horse management skills.
– A natural flair and a thorough knowledge of training racehorses.
– Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
– A sound knowledge of business and financial management.
– An understanding of employment legislation.
– A full understanding of the British Horseracing Authority’s orders, instructions and rules of racing.
To be advised upon expression of interest
Package negotiable for the right person
- Earliest start date 12th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Head Person
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Hunting, P2P, Pre-Training, Racing NH
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week To be agreed
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No