Subject to an interview and eligibility assessment day here with us you could be offered an apprenticeship to study a level 2 or 3 horse care diploma.
You will be working 5 days a week.
On-site training will be 6-8 hours a week minimum 20% of your working week, which will be a combination of various learning opportunities consisting of;
– Practical and Theory Stable management sessions
– Lesson teaching and observations
– Veterinary/ physio / Spa/ farrier / Saddler experiences.
– BHS exam preparations and many more.
Your/our official apprenticeship provider will come out to see you every 4-6 weeks to provide you with course work and make regular assessments of your progress.
The course time is 12-18 months (min 12)
Pay is National apprentice rate per hour, employed contract and 28 days holiday per annum.
Wwe will pay for your first BHS exams whilst you are studying the apprenticeship.
These exams are provided dependant on your progress and exam dates but ideally we like you to be aiming to gain your BHS stage 1+2 Complete, and Stage 2 Teach in the first year of the apprenticeship.
Being a valued member of the team you will also have an opportunity to compete on our horses in our onsite members events throughout your apprenticeship.
Accommodation – On site, only provided to over 18’s. One Single bedroom, with shared bathroom and kitchen area. No accommodation or utility fees are required if you are a registered apprentice here with us.
All Applications with a current CV are to be emailed
- Earliest start date 31st July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice
- Yard disciplines/Activities Riding Club
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Muck Out, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency national apprentice rate
- Salary guide apprentice rate
- Salary Period Annually
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes