*Pets welcome *Own horse welcome *Training on own horse/opportunities to go to shows on own horse *Relaxed but professional yard
I’m looking for someone who is relatively keen to just look after horses and be at home on the yard, who is capable of taking sole charge when necessary, to be my horsey right-hand person. We have a smallish yard of 17 stables. We offer full livery with or without exercise/schooling. Most of my customers are professional people with an interest in competing. My yard and services are based around helping them to achieve their goals. As well as the yard I also run a small B&B which means I need a person who is genuinely happy to work alone.
I also compete with my home bred horses who are just coming on. Mostly in dressage at the moment and hopefully show jumping later on. I jump with an older horse that I have, at the moment.
Alongside this I also do Retirement livery and youngsters in fields. This is normally small herds of horses living in fields 24/7 but obviously they still need caring for. They are checked twice a day all year round. They are fed in the winter and also sometimes have rug changes. The person that looks after them must be attentive to their needs and notice when one is behaving oddly.
So ideally I’m looking for someone who loves horses and is going to be happy to spend their time at home caring for them with their different needs, and supporting training liveries with their competition and training goals.
All my Liveries are lovely and enjoy their horses and the social yard environment.
In my mind, I’m looking for someone who is cheerful, kind, hard-working, experienced with all types of horses. Confident, tidy, reliable and self-motivated. A rider would be a bonus but isn’t essential. I am also keen to take on an Apprentice Groom in the near future.
This is a small yard so the person that takes this job must be happy to share holiday time yard cover. ie: Christmas, Easter, bank holidays.
Preferably to live in.
Good clean mucking out abilities and tidy yard ethics.
We have a studio type set up within the yard. It has a full kitchen as well as a shower room with wc. There is a separate laundry room with a designated washer dryer for staff use.
FOR THE RIGHT PERSON:
Opportunity to bring their horse. Stable or grass kept. Training available and opportunities to come competing with your own horse.
Well behaved cat and hen friendly dog welcome. Preferably smaller size.
Regular days/time off
Paid on the books
Regular salary reviews
- Earliest start date 25th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Showjumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Muck Out, Plait, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5 (5 day week may be possible when Apprentice starts)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Competitive, negotiable net salary (tax & NI paid) plus accommodation with bills paid
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No