We are looking for an Assistant Stud Groom to work with our small friendly team on one of the few private thoroughbred studs left in Newmarket.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
For further information apply with a CV
The duties will include deputising for the Stud Groom during periods of absence. Knowledge of all aspects of work on a stud farm including sales preparation and be capable of carrying these out. Foaling being an area of expertise that would be of critical importance.
The successful applicant should have good horseman skills having previously spent time working with mares, foals, weanling and yearlings. Applicant should also be able to operate plant and machinery such as tractors fitted with trailers, grass cutting attachments or dropping picking attachments.
The applicant must be able to drive with a clean license. If familiar with driving a small horse box even better as the job will included taking Mares/Mares & foals for covering to the local stallions.
A family house with garden and garage available to the right candidate
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Sales Preparation, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 days plus alternative weekends (but not the entire day at the weekend)
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide Competitive
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No