*Horse/dog/partner welcomed * IRO 2000 euros pcm and accommodation included in the package.
Fixed period contract available (reviewed at the end of first season) for an experienced Groom/yard manager/Rider (Knowledge of hunting/show jumping ), who is required to assist with 4 Irish and French hunt & SJ horses, (one a former steeple chase champion) on a beautiful 18th century french yard in the Loire valley.
The Loire valley and its chateaux have charmed visitors for centuries. Their ornate architecture, elaborate decoration, and lavishly planted gardens, were designed to impress.
You would need to enjoy a family atmosphere – there are other people working on the farm and on the estate and numerous English people living in the surrounding area.
- Riding each horse every day.Riding is mostly exercise work but you should be capable of keeping a horse going well. No jumping required.
- Grooming including plaiting and clipping & tack cleaning
- Cleaning the tack room, maintaining the stables (some painting from time to time), polishing hunting boots, cleaning truck or trailer, etc
- Driving to the hunt (twice a week during season) and taking care of the horses after the day.
- Must be able to drive a 3.5t lorry to the meet and back which on some occasions involves a rather long day. Time off in lieu given on non hunting days . The same requirement for show jumping shows (from May till end of June) CSI 1* and National shows
5/5.5/6 days optional. 35 hour week neg.
Non hunting days Yard starts at 7.30am/break from 12:30 – 3:30 pm
- 18th century estate with stables from the same period
- several meadows on the estate and the horses are given turnout
- No menage available so all ridden work out and about.
IRO 2,000 € / month max. depending on experience. Accommodation is included in the package.
There is some choice on accommodation – on site (an apartment over the stables) or in town 2-bedroom flat in the little town of Loches (a nice medieval city just 5 km away which has shops and bars etc).
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 Great job for the genuine Francophile and promises variety and interest. Probably worth investigating prior to application for those who don’t know, the types of hunting that go on in the region, as may not suit everyone.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 23rd September 2019
- Continent/Country The EU
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/5.5/6 neg
- Salary currency Euros
- Salary guide IRO 2000 pcm and accommodation paid for
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes