Joint Head Groom required to be “Head of Riding”. This person must be a very experienced Senior Rider Groom with the highest standards of integrity and care and will be expected to continue in that hands-on Senior Groom roll. However the this Joint Head Groom will be our “Head of Riding” working between two yards and will also have additional responsibility to assist the Livery and Facilities Manager in the organisation of all things “equitation” including:
- the development of 3 grass Jump Areas (including assist in course building one evening a month), 4 Grass Dressage Arenas, 1 Outdoor schooling arena
- preparation and maintenance of all Riding Club Facilities, facility field rotation, surface management, etc
- exercise riding, schooling, re-schooling, competition riding
- helping to develop a new competition Livery offering through our business.
This person must be able to demonstrate the highest level of integrity and must be a classically trained proficient rider on the flat and over fences up to 1.20. They should also be experienced in treating all minor ailments and in recognising when a vet is required (as they will be managing & riding clients horses frequently).
- Own horse is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Live-in is a possibility for the right candidate.
- The salary guide is £8.50-£10 hour.
- For the right person internal Dressage, Jump training or training towards Stage 4/ BHSI(Riding) (or equivalent) will be considered.
What we also require are contract/freelance very experienced Senior Rider Grooms that are based in the Guildford/Surrey area. I need about 6 on my emergency call out list in case of staff illness or a flu epidemic or to cover days off or holidays. Each person interviewed may be offered an excellent paid induction of one day working with our manager, if they prove to be experienced and responsible enough to take sole charge of 40 horses and are licensed to drive a Range Rover and trailer in a horse emergency they will qualify to join our Contract Grooms Register. Our Livery clients may then use them directly as travelling Grooms whenever they go away to compete.
For candidates without a horse we are prepared to consider buying a summer “producing” project so they may bring on a young horse to Novice BE, Dressage or SJ.
Rare opportunity to join an historic estate team with an established but growing Livery business and an exclusive Riding Club.
Stunning place to work in the centre of a 1000 acre private historic estate near Guildford. Supportive employers who will give you the opportunity to really prove yourself and grow into and beyond your role. Fabulous caring and supportive livery owners who respect our staff and many of whom compete their own horses at varying levels
- Earliest start date 21st October 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Showjumping, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide Excellent plus end of year bonus. Depending on experience and/or qualifications and/or age. If you apply with your details we will advise you immediately what salary you would likely be paid should you be offered the role.
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery
- Other Information