- Rare opportunity to join an historic estate team with an established but growing Livery business and an exclusive Riding Club.
- Two experienced grooms required, One for immediate start and one for end Sept.
- We value excellence in our staff and we will assist and support you where required with training to next level if desired and accommodation if you are not resident in the Guildford area.
Job description :
- All usual livery yard duties including ordering basic requisites when required, recording livery extras supplied and supervisory/mentor roles over young trainee grooms.
- Some candidates who wish to ride will be given the opportunity to ride wonderful livery horses working in all disciplines and may be given the chance to take part in Riding Club activities. To certain candidates we may also be able to offer the chance to compete some of our own horses in dressage, show jumping, team chasing or BE100 if any of these are within your ability and are of interest to you.
- We are equally keen to find candidates who would like to totally concentrate on being a top Yard or bottom yard groom to our wonderful livery horses whether you wish to ride or not.
- We strongly believe that excellence may come to our team in all guises so please do not hesitate to contact us no matter what your abilities or strengths.
- Please ensure you add “Experienced Groom” or ” Trainee Groom” when you apply
Honesty and integrity are paramount in these roles. We also accept trainee grooms on traineeships so we require very experienced grooms with patience who are good with people and who will enjoy acting as mentors to our young enthusiastic trainees.
Our staff accommodation is close to the stables. Usually a shared cottage with a garden for our staff if required. Accommodation may vary according to your seniority/qualifications/experience.
Stunning place to work in the centre of a 1000 acre private historic estate near Guildford. Supportive employers who will give you the opportunity to really prove yourself and grow into and beyond your role. Fabulous caring and supportive livery owners who respect our staff and many of whom compete their own horses at varying levels
- Earliest start date 26th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Showjumping, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide Excellent plus end of year bonus. Depending on experience and/or qualifications and/or age. If you apply with your details we will advise you immediately what salary you would likely be paid should you be offered the role.
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery
- Other Information