An interesting opportunity for persons wishing to get a skills and experience ‘leg up’ and enjoy work experience with training to improve their stable management skills and gain additional skills and experience alongside a very friendly and experienced team and BHS Coach.
This is a fabulous professional Livery Yard offering Full, Part, DIY and Field livery to horse owners, where you can work alongside a highly skilled mentor and gain experience on a short term basis.
You must be a reasonably competent horse person to start, as we don’t have the scope to train someone from scratch. However, training is available to gain skills like plaiting, show turnout, clipping (autumn/winter), loading and travelling horses, teamwork, how to treat common minor ailments, maintaining routine records, arena care, field and yard management and equestrian organisation management and even math and english if you require any assistance with these skills.
A unique opportunity to bridge gaps in your skills-set or brush up your existing skills and gain confidence in preparation for seeking a full time permanent rider/groom apprenticeship and full time groom position in the future.
This is a legitimate short term training role to add to your CV.
Access to group or individual tuition, training or lectures from qualified and/or professional visiting instructors and coaches, Senior Grooms and a BHSI(SM) coach will be made available as required.
On successfully completing the short term contract you will have a “Trainee reference” that you may then share with Caroline and The Grooms List Team to help secure your next role or take to future employers!
- Earliest start date 19th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Other
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee
- Days per week P/T - 5 x mornings pw or F/T - 5 x days pw
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide Expenses
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery