Aimed at people with limited experience with horses, this traineeship is supported by Training Providers and designed to give horse-lovers an opportunity to gain stable management skills and experience alongside a very friendly and experienced team and BHS Coach.
This is a fabulous professional Livery Yard offering Full, Part, DIY and Field livery to horse owners, where you can work alongside a highly skilled mentor and gain experience on a short term basis.
** 🙂 Know your facts! Read more about Traineeships here: https://thegroomslist.co.uk/equine-apprenticeships-course-options/#traineeships 🙂 **
You must be a reasonably competent horse person to start, as we don’t have the scope to train someone from absolute scratch. However, training is available to give you the basic foundation skills for working in a professional yard, for example:
- show turnout
- clipping (autumn/winter)
- loading and travelling horses
- how to treat common minor ailments
- maintaining routine records
- arena care
- field and yard management and equestrian organisation management
Assistance is also available if you need your GCSE Maths and/or English grades to qualify for an apprenticeship.
A unique opportunity to gain experience and confidence in preparation for seeking a full time permanent rider/groom apprenticeship and full time groom position in the future.
This is a legitimate short term training role to add to your CV.
Access to group or individual tuition, training or lectures from qualified and/or professional visiting instructors and coaches, Senior Grooms and a BHSI(SM) coach will be made available as required.
On successfully completing the short term contract you will have a “Trainee reference” that you may then share with Caroline and The Grooms List Team to help secure your next role or take to future employers!
- Earliest start date 14th October 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee
- Days per week F/T - 5 x days pw
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide Expenses
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No