| *Salary IRO £400/£450 depending on experience *Own horse and pets welcomed *Partner welcomed
This vacancy is a lovely and rare opportunity for an experienced Groom who combines the experience of working on a family yard, with performance horse know how ideally gained within a SJ/jumping environment. Must have experience of youngstock on the ground, some stud work ideal but not essential. Must be capable of sole charge. Please note the following:
The family have a home yard, which houses 18 quality jumping horses (currently managed by 2 FT/ 1pt & the Yard manager/ trainer) and another close by with a various assortment of broodmares and young stock, (hopefully destined for a career in SJ/jumping.) You will have sole charge of the second yard.
The family consists of non-riding dad who is looking forward to spending more time with his family as part of their journey, mum who is an experienced horsewoman but now prefers just to hack/school a little and 3 daughters (aged 12-15 years old) who are very keen indeed. The girls all do BSJ and want to eventually do European tours & be on YR teams. They are the focus of the role and all activities that go on with both yards, will underpin these equestrian dreams.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 3rd February 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Sole Charge, Manager, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/or 5.5 or 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £400/£440 depending on experience (Very negotiable).
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes