|* 5/5.5 or 6 day week optional *Salary IRO £400/£450 depending on experience *Own horse and pets welcomed *Partner welcomed
This vacancy is a lovely and rare opportunity for an experienced Groom/Rider who combines the experience of working on a family yard, with performance horse know how ideally gained within a SJ/jumping environment.
You will need to be a capable and confident Rider on the flat and over jumps and able to keep the family horses all going well. There could be an opportunity to compete and/or bring on younger horses if you are capable and interested but this is optional.
The family have a home yard, which houses 18 quality jumping horses (currently managed by 2 FT/ 1pt & the Yard manager/ trainer) and another close by with a various assortment of broodmares and young stock, (hopefully destined for a career in SJ/jumping.)
The family are looking for someone flexible to be home/away and you must be looking to join them for the long term, on an exciting equestrian journey with 3 young, ambitious daughters and supportive parents who will facilitate these ambitions. The family consists of non-riding dad who is looking forward to spending more time with his family as part of their journey, mum who is an experienced horsewoman but now prefers just to hack/school a little and 3 daughters (aged 12-15 years old) who are very keen indeed. The girls all do BSJ and want to eventually do European tours & be on YR teams. They are the focus of the role and all activities that go on with both yards, will underpin these equestrian dreams.
Working alongside the FT trainer and yard manager you will enjoy working with a fellow talented Rider and old school horsewoman with very high standards. You will be mature and confident enough to know when to step up when needed and know also, when to step back.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 Fabulous chance to join a family on their exciting journey through the levels. This could also be your opportunity to prove what you can do as a Rider whilst being an integral Team member.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 23rd September 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/or 5.5 or 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £400/£440 depending on experience (Very negotiable).
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes