|*IRO £350/£400pw plus accomm neg. according to experience *Partner welcomed * 1 dog welcomed *Current Groom highly recommends (has worked in lots of positions previously but says this is one of the best!)
Privately owned estate in a beautiful location with new stables, excellent turnout, private hacking, large outdoor school and a beautiful s/c two-bed ‘upside down’ cottage available.
Experienced Sole Charge Groom/Exercise Rider required for a Family competition yard. Mostly a very relaxed environment without the pressure of a full on competition Grooms role on a professional yard. Daughter (17) is highly motivated and events to 2* currently and trains with some very well known names in the horse industry from a variety of the disciplines.
You will need to be confident to be left in sole charge of 3 event horses belonging to this ambitious junior rider but have the maturity and sensitivity to know when to step up and step back as mother and daughter do get hands-on also when they are about. You must be capable and competent hack out solo, do fitness work, lunge etc. High turnout standards and full yard management from feeding to paddock maintenance and everything in between and all usual duties both home and away. You should also be able to clip and turnout for events. Travelling to competitions a must as is the ability to drive a 7.5t lorry.
Some additional duties to include occasional care of the yard and 3 lovely small dogs when owners away.
Please contact Caroline & The Team, quoting reference code JL56081 on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 30th September 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/5.5/6 neg
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £350- £400pw + accomm. Negotiable according to experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes