Private event yard has two vacancies to join our team based in West Somerset. The first is for an Experienced Groom, and the second an Apprentice Groom. As well as working with our team of event horses, applicants will also be required to work with young stock and retired veteran horses
Applicants for the Experienced Groom position must be a competent rider, and have a high standard in all aspects of yard work, turnout and working horses from the ground.
Applicants for the Apprentice position must show a genuine interest in the job and willingness to learn
All applicants must be able to work as part of a team, and be prepared to be adaptable during the competition season, and be willing to travel to events which may require a number of days away from home base. Must have use of own transport.
No accommodation on site but a generous remuneration package for both positions will include an element of financial support and help to find local accommodation
An excellent remuneration package is offered negotiable depending on experience etc.
We offer a five day week on a rolling rota- 9.5 hours per day. There is a bonus scheme on offer for travel to events.
Full holiday entitlement
Company pension scheme available
Opportunity to train with international rider and trainers
Own horse/pets to be discussed at interview
- Earliest start date 1st November 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom/Rider
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Muck Out, Ride
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide Very good remuneration package to be negotiated at interview taking into account experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes