Part-time (live-out) morning family Groom/Rider required for a private estate to assist one other PT member of staff to look after 4 – 6 horses :
- Dressage horse, who is 17.2 an 11 year old BWB, HOYS Champion currently competing at Elementary & training Medium & upwards.
- 16 year old spirited Quarter Horse. He used to Barrel race as a young horse. He is semi-retired & hacks out in stock fields with sheep x2 a week.
- Section D/thoroughbred gelding who is 15.2 He hacks out twice a week. He loves hunting, but is really too old to be out now!
- Small Shetland who is the Quarter Horses companion. He has to be monitored for laminitis & sweet-itch in the summer .
(2 Hanoverians away at Stud – Aiming to do young Horse Dressage with one, working on through the levels.)
The role is to support trainer/rider, rider & trainer attends 3 mornings a week. Prepare for Dressage competitions with mane plaiting. Bathing. Daily grooming & physio. Massage pads & Equine Arc therapy daily. The physio is generally in every 3/4 weeks unless needed more frequently. The farrier ( Master) shoes competition horse monthly, he has remedial shoes & the vet regularly x-rays at these shoeing sessions.
The Grooms run a historic and beautiful listed traditional yard with stalls, and estate office etc. Great hacking with large arable fields for gallops and some roadwork through the villages locally. All the usual duties required to a good standard. Previous experience essential. Must be able to : Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 4th November 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 MORNINGS. OCC AFTERNOONS (by prior arrangement).
- Salary currency UK STERLING
- Salary guide TBC
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No