Busy Riding Centre in Derbyshire, home to both Riding for the Disabled and an Equestrian Centre providing able-bodied lessons. We are an ambitious centre with excellent indoor and outdoor facilities and a developing range of horses and ponies. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Coach to be a part of our high-quality coaching team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, both with staff and volunteers at the centre, but particularly with our customers. They should be approachable, flexible and have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
The role requires someone with coaching experience and a minimum BHS level 3 qualification is desirable, and has RDA coaching qualifications or is willing to gain them. The centre operates 6 days a week, 50 weeks a year, with a timetable of around 90 lessons per week. The vacancy is for one full-time coach, but there is the scope for this to extend to up to 1.5 people. We are therefore very keen to also hear from candidates interested in part-time positions to fill this requirement. We will consider any working arrangement to enable us to cover our day, evening and weekend lessons. A full job specification for the role and application information is available to download.
Applications should be made by sending a CV and covering letter by email by 29 November 2019 – please see more information below. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter and will include riding and coaching assessment with a view to the successful candidate starting at some point in January.
- Earliest start date 4th January 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Riding Instructor
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Carriage Driving, Competitions, Dressage, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Riding School, Showjumping, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, School, Teach, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide Premium Rate
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery
- Embed a video
- Other Information