|*£26-£28K + accom. (Pay own bills but no rent) *Pets welcomed *Own horse considered *2 bedroom house down the road available & partner welcomed.
Experienced and very competent Groom/Rider required for YR on a private competitive Dressage yard where the daughter is a YR (23 years old) and does international Dressage (all levels up to Grand Prix.)
The employer is a 5* accredited coach, so clearly has a lot to bring to the table for all concerned but the successful candidate would need to be someone capable of operating credibly at this level. The focus is on a holistic approach to riding, coaching and performance.
9 horses kept, including a well-behaved stallion (doesn’t stand), so previous stallion handling experience necessary. International competitions attended, but mostly, you would need to hold the fort at home and go along to local/UK shows/training etc. on occasions.
Very good facilities, built for and fit for purpose.
Riding available. Exercise/hacking riding at the least but if capable, more is available, maybe even some competing on the up and coming horses. Coaching available if required. At a push could be non-riding, but ideally not. Must like dealing with youngsters on the ground and have prior experience.
Must be personable, demonstrate longevity in prior roles and have good references. Team player essential with the maturity and sensitivity to know when to step up and to step back.
Please contact Caroline & The Grooms List Team, on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 2nd December 2019
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/5.5 flexible
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £26-£28K pa plus accommodation (Pay own bills)
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes