We run a fairly large a successful showing yard.
8am-4.30 many days *Would consider 3/4 or 5 day week *Live in or out negotiable *Own horse considered
The job involves mucking out, grooming, general yard duties and the possibility of riding (subject to ability). We have a wide range of horses and ponies ranging from 12 hands to 16.2hh. We are looking for one full time and one part time member of staff. We would consider an apprentice (we use Stubbing Court). There would be the option of travelling to shows but this is not compulsory. We travel the County circuit up to and including the Royal International and Horse of the Year Show.
We would prefer someone to live out but could organise accommodation.
Previous experience with horses and/or ponies is essential. Previous paid experience is preferable. Experience with show horses is not essential and on the job training is provided. A cheerful disposition and “can do” attitude is also necessary.
Room in shared house
On the job training.
- Earliest start date 19th November 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week 5 - 8 hours per day, 8am start
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide At least the National Minimum Wage, possibly more depending on experience,
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes