*Live in or live out *Own horse and pets a possibility
Looking for a new team member on a busy successful yard.
Full time position live in or live out, accommodation is own mobile home.
We are looking for someone calm and confident with experience handling young green horses. Job includes all basic yard work: mucking out, feeding horses, keeping yard clean and tidy, Tacking up/ washing off, clipping, plaiting and stud work (training given)
We are ideally looking for someone who can ride and work horses, ideally someone who rides to a good standard on the flat and is capable/ confident of schooling young horses and helping with breakers. There’s an opportunity to jump at shows for the right person and although this isn’t a purely riding position there is plenty of riding available for the right person with training given.
We have a lovely yard to work from with some super horses and a great atmosphere. We go to some fantastic shows nationally and internationally and will require someone able to groom at some shows but equally stay at home and be responsible to take sole charge.
Our new team member must take pride in there work and always be looking to get the best from the horses, we are looking for someone confident and reliable with a good sense of humour.
Position is 6days a week. We offer a good wage with paid holiday.
- Earliest start date 1st December 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dealer, Livery, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide negotiable according to experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery