Stud Hands required on a private thoroughbred stud farm in Ireland:
Handling mares and newborn foals. Assisting with vet check and farrier. General feeding and mucking out duties.
A second position available as above but also driving to stallion farms for mare covers.
Working couples welcome to apply.
We are also recruiting Work Riders – see the job advert here.
Experience as per duties outlined above
Accommodation included as part of salary package – either shared or sole occupancy
Accommodation on the farm. Four weeks holidays per year.
Happy to discuss further.
- Earliest start date 10th December 2019
- Continent/Country Ireland
- Position/s available Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Racing Flat, Stud
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 6 days
- Salary currency euro
- Salary guide € 456 gross per week
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery