We are a stud and producing yard mostly specialising in showjumping but we do also run eventers and (drag)hunters. Our horses range from foals to retired horses and everything in between. Mostly sport horses but we get a real mix! We also have full, sales, schooling and breaking liveries. We have a small herd of mares and foal down here. All our youngsters are started in-house. We are often out competing or training several times a week so efficiency when grooming away is required. No 2 days here are the same. Some days are longer than others but we try keep sociable hours! Nice yard with mostly indoor facilities.
The job is a mix of yard work and riding. I am looking for someone who is already fit and well established on the yard – I am not looking to train anyone to muck out. This is a senior staff position with responsibility so an eye for detail, common sense and good communication skills are key.
Good attitude and sense of humour essential.
Must be able to ride to a high standard on the flat and be good with youngsters. Jumping is a bonus and for anyone with talent who wants to compete more seriously in showjumping I am happy to train you up and give you nice horses to ride but this isn’t a requirement. Also plenty of opportunity to drag hunt, cross country school, team chase etc. The more you put in the more you’ll get out.
Would consider a part time position for the perfect person.
Previous professional experience, preferably managing or running a yard
Must already be able to muck out quickly to a high standard.
Confident rider on the flat and able to school to a high standard. Jumping a bonus with opportunities to compete for the right rider.
Full contract with pension, sick, holiday
Own horse welcome
Opportunities to compete for right rider
Training and guidance towards further qualifications
Good working environment with lots of variety. Something different every day.
- Earliest start date 2nd January 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 or 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable dependent on experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No