*£360-£450 + accommodation +bills (negotiable for HGV driver) *Pets welcomed *Accommodation in a brand new 2-bed log cabin with verandah. Views across the fields.
This is a position with an interesting mix of disciplines ie high-level Dressage (YR level PSG/Inter 1) and Polo in season. You will have to have the high standards and attention to detail required plus an ability to ride and lead beloved Polo ponies. Of course, all usual duties apply to them all as does the requirement to give good care and high standards of husbandry. After all, a horse is a horse 😉
The Dressage horses are 3 x horses (10/9 & 6year old) 16.1/’2/ 17hh respectively 2x Mares and 1x gelding and the 4 Polo ponies are older and would need to be ridden and fittened with care for the season .
The Polo ponies would be totally your domain (owners husband and daughter play polo) but the owner and her daughter are a little more hands-on with the Dressage horses by necessity.
The role is full-time March to September but at the end of the season, the Polo ponies go away so the need for FT hours is less. You would be welcome to supplement your income at this time but of course, the Dressage horses would still need care and attention. This is all open to discussion, finding the right long term person is the priority.
Accommodation is available year-round and is a private, brand new 2-bed log cabin with verandah. Views across the fields.
Facilities: 60 x 30 arena, good hacking, have jumps. Solarium, washbox etc.
Please call Caroline & Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 20th January 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Polo
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week Sometimes 5.5 sometimes 6 days a week depending on the season (flexibility)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £360-£450 + accommodation +bills
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes