*Own horse welcomed *Pets considered *5/6 days pw (depending on competitions)*Lessons provided for keen riders.
Senior Groom/Exercise Rider required to work in a 5* eventing yard – a professional, private yard near Devizes, Wiltshire. 9 horses from at all levels up to 5* (including some retirees). Senior role supported by one groom and one apprentice. You will be joining a close-knit team which works hard, cares about our horses and takes care of each other.
The yard is shared with a full time professional event rider and her staff. The professional competes at 5* and also competes some of the horses you will be responsible for looking after. The professional also oversees the running of our part of the yard. Lessons will also be available with the professional as part of your employment on your own horse.
Must be experienced grooming at competitions, as well as comfortable with all aspects of top class sport horse welfare and yard management, and running a small team. Must be able to hack fit event horses, and ideally be fine to do some faster canter fitness work with them. No need to school for dressage or jumping, although we are happy for you to help with this if you are able and want to.
Superb facilities (indoor 23 stable American barn, indoor and outdoor schools, horse walker, lunge pen, and lovely hacking).
Good wage and benefits.
Candidates must be able to perform full stable duties and horse care, hack well and safely, lunge, and have a high standard of competition turn-out.
Live in or live out position. Live in is shared onsite accommodation in a spacious and well appointed 4 bedroom staff flat.
- Free livery for your horse
- Lessons will be provided
- Opportunities to travel to local and international events
- The farm is in Wiltshire, near Devizes on the edge of Salisbury Plains, and about 30 minutes from the lovely cities of Bath and Salisbury.
- Earliest start date 1st March 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Rider/Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5-6 (competition dependent, generally 5)
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide NMW/Negotiable for the right experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery