*5 or 6-day week *Training and some riding for the right candidate *Pets a possibility
I am looking for a full time competition groom who is conscientious, capable and prepared to work as part of our lovely established team.
We have 12 Dressage horses from youngsters to small tour including a stallion (who is very sensible!) and two horses aiming for the para Olympic Games this year. We have lovely facilities including an indoor arena, walker and fantastic hacking. Some riding (mainly hacking) is required.
All our horses are generally very well mannered, but they are sports horses, so candidates need to have experience with fit competition horses. Ideally I am looking for someone who can already clip, plait and turnout to a high standard. Being able to drive a 7.5ton lorry would be advantageous, but not essential.
This is a senior role and I am looking for someone who can take on the responsibility of the yard in my absence, overseeing part time staff and ensuring efficiency and standards are kept up.
Predominantly the role is assisting me with the horses daily and coming to shows, so a passion for dressage and attention to detail, really getting to know each horses needs and helping them perform at their best is our ultimate aim.
The job is 5 or 6 days per week usually 7.30-5.30 in the summer 8-5/5.30 in winter where possible.
5 days per week
High standards of care and turnout – clipping, plaiting, bandaging
Passionate about horses!
An interest in Dressage and horse sport
Cheerful disposition and ability to work with others
None at present but local accommodation can be sought
Possibility of own horse – but not at present as no room
Training and some riding for the right candidate
- Earliest start date 24th February 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5/6
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide Up to £400 per week depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly