*5-day week *Own horse and pets considered *Accommodation available *Competitive salary on offer
Varied position available for a hands-on Yard Manager required for a very successful show jumping stud, to work as part of a small dedicated team located on a farm in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. 120 acres set in stunning dales scenery!
Great opportunity for an experienced Groom/Yard manager to gain Stud experience.
Sole charge experience required so owners can take time off and leave things in your capable charge!
Numbers can go up to 70/80 in Stud season. Applicants don’t need to have foaled down as full training will be given.
Riding or non-riding.
Stallion and young stock experience useful.
This stud breeds and produces quality warmblood show jumpers/sport horses. Stallions are also at stud at this busy AI centre for chilled/frozen and embryo transfer.
50-60 resident horses from foals upwards foals, youngstock and stallions produced for grading.
Must be willing to pitch in with all yard work . Ability to drive vehicles and fix things would be helpful.
Please contact Caroline & The Grooms List Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 25th February 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable according to experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes