We are looking for a groom for an immediate start at our small, professional competition yard in Wymeswold, Leicestershire.
This is a mixed role working with nice horses and nice people. All the usual general yard duties with some riding and competition grooming.
Happy to help someone with experience around fit competition horses to fulfil an apprenticeship level 2, or someone more experienced looking for a professional groom’s position.
High quality, fun yard with a combination of horses from youngstock up to 4-star eventers. Fantastic on-site accommodation and great facilities to work in. Unfortunately, no space for own horse.
Confident handling horses
Polite and friendly
Attention to detail
Good team player
Honest and hardworking
You must love horses
Very high quality, comfortable onsite 3 bedroom cottage shared with one other.
Friendly yard with good pay, pension, 28 days plus, paid holiday. Professionally run business that values its staff.
- Earliest start date 16th February 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Livery
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5 or 5.5
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide NMW +
- Salary Period Monthly
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No