PLEASE NOTE, FOR THIS VACANCY, WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM JOB SEEKERS WITH:
- A CURRENT CV ATTACHED TO A CURRENT JOB SEEKER PROFILE
- AN HGV LICENSE (able to drive a 26t lorry)
| *Salary IRO £400/£450+ top, top wage for previous competition grooming experience depending on experience *Own horse and pets welcomed *Partner welcomed
This vacancy is a lovely and rare opportunity for an experienced Groom who combines the experience of working on a family yard, with performance horse know how ideally gained within a SJ/jumping environment to work as a competition Groom or would suit someone already experienced in Competition grooming.
This family of young riders are very active most weekends and therefore you will need to be prepared to cover this, although some weekends off are available by prior arrangement and exception.
The family have 18 quality jumping horses (currently managed by 2 FT/ 1pt & the Yard manager/ trainer) and on a second yard, an assortment of broodmares and young stock, (hopefully destined for a career in SJ/jumping.)
The family consists of non-riding dad who is looking forward to spending more time with his family as part of their journey, mum who is an experienced horsewoman and 3 daughters (aged 12-15 years old) who are very keen indeed. The girls all do BSJ and want to eventually do European tours & be on YR teams. They are the focus of the role and all activities that go on with both yards, will underpin these equestrian dreams.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 16th May 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/or 5.5 or 6 depending on competition schedule. Most weekends
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £450 depending on experience (Very negotiable).
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes