We are looking for a motivated person to join a fun family team. High standards required. Duties include general yard management and care of hunters & pointers. The ability to clip, plait and turn out to a high standard is essential. Plenty of opportunities to ride so the successful candidate must be competent and not nervous of riding big hunters and thoroughbreds. It’s a fun & rewarding position we are offering with a competitive salary along with the possibility of shared five-star accommodation for the right person. More than happy for prospective people to speak to existing staff. We’re only advertising due to a long-term employee leaving to pursue other interests.
If required – there is a shared three-bedroomed cottage, underfloor heating, wet room & bathroom, spacious utility room, large kitchen / dining area and generous living area. The cottage is based on the farm itself in a wonderful setting.
Working in a lovely part of Dorset being part of a fun family orientated team and joining an existing nice set up. Excellent working environment.
- Earliest start date 1st May 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Pony Club Activities, Sales
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide Competitive
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes